Nearby Savannah Attractions
The things to do in Savannah, GA are as diverse and interesting as the people who choose to live, work, and vacation here. Cobblestone streets, oak-shaded squares, scented magnolias, vibrant azaleas are all a part of Savannah, a picturesque city, known as the Hostess City of the South.
Rest and Relaxation is what our historic mansion is all about, so you can do just that, or choose from the multitude of interesting and fun things our city offers including Savannah tours, dining, museums, and shopping.
Below is just a sampling of the Savannah attractions that you may wish to see during your stay at Forsyth Park Inn:
- History buff, or not, learn all about Savannah's fascinating history in a historic walking or trolley tour.
- You don't have to be an architect to enjoy this Architectural Tour of Savannah. Discover how Savannah was born and how a particular building or square evolved.
- Take a Ghost Tour through America's most haunted city.
- Journey up close and personal to destinations along the way on Savannah Bike Tours.
- Watch bottle-nosed dolphins play in their natural habitat on a Dolphin Tour.
- See what lies behind the beautiful Gates of some of Savannah's finest homes on the Gardens and Gates Tour.
- Enjoy a fun-filled, tasteful Foodie Tour on Tours by Savannah Food Tours.
- Savannah Civil War Tour focuses on the city's role in the Civil War and the impact on our city.
- Savannah Movie Tour will visit more than 60 movie locations up close and personal in a climate controlled luxury coach.
- Relive a bygone era on board a replica paddle wheeler in a one-hour River Cruise, great for both children and adults.
- There are more than 40 Museums in Savannah from the Telfair Museum of Art to the Roundhouse Railroad Museum or Ships of the Sea Museum to name a few.
- Dining in Savannah could be the best meal you've ever had. Savannah is a smorgasbord of flavors that will keep you salivating throughout your stay. From the most romantic restaurant, The Olde Pink House, to down-home Southern fare at Mrs. Wilke's Boarding House and, of course, Paula Deen's famous Lady and Sons restaurant. There's a taste for everyone!
- Shop 'til you drop in the many antique shops and independently owned boutiques.
- Enjoy a night cap listening to jazz or a piano bar to end a perfect day and evening at Jazz'd and the Olde Pink House's piano bar. A perfect way to end a perfect day.
- How about an eco-tour on Coast Tours, where you'll explore the unspoiled barrier islands such as Wassaw Island National Wildlife Refuge.
For more information on what to do while you're in town, please see our Location Page.