Forsyth Park Inn Blog - February 2014
Forsyth Park Inn Elopement Package
FORSYTH PARK INN OFFERS A BEAUTIFUL ELOPEMENT PACKAGE ~ PERFECT FOR THE COUPLE SEEKING OUT A ROMANTIC DESTINATION VENUE!
SIMPLY SAVANNAH GARDEN ELOPEMENT
Intimate wedding ceremony for Bride and Groom with up to 4 guests:
- Private garden ceremony reserved for up to 1 hour
- Experienced officiant to assist you through your vows
- Wedding coordinator to accomplish all wedding details pertaining to your Simply Savannah Garden Elopement; including day-of assistance
- Beautiful Bridal rose Bouquet, bride’s choice of color if available
- Matching Groom rose Boutonniere
- Delicious 2- tier mini wedding cake served in the garden or private quarters of your room
- Your choice of romantic rose petal and candle turn-down on honeymoon night or champagne
Total with tax: $875.00
Special pricing available for Sunday through Thursday weddings
At least one night stay is required for all Simply Savannah Garden Elopement packages.
Two Nights stay required on weekends during high season.
Savannah, GA Art Gallery
For all the Art lovers:
Ben Tollefson Solo Exhibition
February 21 - March 4
Artist Reception: Friday, February 21
NON-FICTION ART GALLERY
1522 Bull Street,
Savannah, GA 31401
In the exhibition Pay No Attention to that Man Behind the Curtain at Non-Fiction, Ben Tollefson presents his thesis work as a painting MFA candidate. The show explores painting as an idiosyncratic constructed reality. Tollefson creates of an immersive world as a response to the simulacra one encounters every day—screens which are nothing more than mediators of data that represent recognizable things that serve as realer than real simulations of experience. With a penchant for vibrant bold color and pattern, Tollefson creates windows into an imagined place, one that is simultaneously beautiful and fake.
About the Artist:
“Through a distortion of bodies and uncertainty of spaces, I ask the viewer to reconsider reality…”
Ben Tollefson, a New Jersey native, lives and works in Savannah, Georgia. After graduating from Wisconsin Lutheran College with a fine art degree, he worked for three years in museum education at The Phillips Collection in Washington, D.C. As an MFA candidate of Savannah College of Art and Design, Tollefson has recently been creating paintings concerned with the tension between the real and artificial. He has exhibited in group shows in Georgia, Wisconsin, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Forsyth Park Inn Facebook
Checkout our Forsyth Park Inn Facebook page for the
latest Savannah, GA events, bits about the inn, and
photos captured here at the inn!
We are always posting something fun - you might even
read a little ghost tale!
Visit our Facebook page NOW!
Forsyth Park Inn
And don't forget to call the inn at 912.233.6800
to book your Savannah, GA getaway!
Forsyth Park Fountain in Savannah, GA
VINTAGE PHOTO OF THE HISTORIC FORSYTH PARK
Black and white stereo-graph card of the Forsyth Park fountain with double image affixed to pink paper backing. The back of card on orange paper has printed publication information and a printed paper label with title and number. The fountain was added to the park in 1858 and is constructed of cast iron. There are similar fountains in Peru and New York. All three fountains are based on the design for the fountain in the Place de la Concorde in Paris. Over the years the fountain suffered damage and was completely restored in 1988.
The photographer of this image, O. Pierre Havens, was born in Ossining, New York. He moved to Savannah in 1872, opening a photography studio in partnership with J. N. Wilson. He later took over the business from Wilson. In 1888, he relocated to Jacksonville, Florida, where he maintained a studio until his death in about 1912. Like many commercial photographers in America during the late nineteenth century, Havens was as occupied with publishing and marketing his photographs as he was in making them. Date:1872-1900
Wormsloe State Historic Site
Wormsloe State Historic Site would like to invite you, your families, and your guests to this weekend's Colonial Faire and Muster, February 8th & 9th! Come experience three centuries in one place. This free event will start off with a BANG with cannon firings, followed by music from the "Sons of Liberty" and Fort Morris Heritage Dancers. Throughout the day experience a military parade, military drills, canon firings, Colonial Tools & Skills demonstrations, Native American Tools & Skills demonstrations, and take a swing at a game of Colonial Cricket! This event will be held Saturday, February 8th & Sunday, February 9th from 10:00am - 4:00pm and is FREE! Please spread the word and we hope to see you all there!
Savannah, GA Annual Irish Festival
Savannah Irish Festival will take place on February 14th - 16th, 2014 at the Savannah Civic Center in historic downtown Savannah, GA.
The festival begins on Friday night with a traditional Ceili where those who attend will be taught Irish folk dancing in large groups.
The festival continues through the weekend with four stages of live entertainment, food, crafts, and fun!
We are happy to announce Savannah Pipes & Drums will open our ceremonies again in 2014!
Free admission on Sunday to Military/Students with proper ID.
Join the kick-off of Savannah's St. Patrick's Season and celebrate with us at the Savannah Irish Festival!
Savannah Book Festival
SAVE THE DATE: Feb. 13th through 16th 2014 ~ Savannah, GA Book Festival at Trustees Theater, Wright and Telfair Squares.
Main Festival Day (Saturday, February 15th) will once again offer free and open-to-the-public presentations and book signings by 36 authors at venues in and around Telfair and Wright Squares. No tickets are necessary for these events. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
This annual, world-class literary event brings more than 35 popular and critically acclaimed authors and thousands of readers together in historic Savannah. The event's mission is to promote reading, writing and civil conversations. Most events are free and open to the public.
Romantic Dining in Savannah, Georgia
Forsyth Park Inn's Top 5
Dining Spots for this year's Valentines dinner
in Savannah, GA
1. The Olde Pink House: An old favorite..there's a reason for that! Spectacular mansion with elegant Southern service and fine Southern style cuisine. Candle light dinner in a traditional setting. We recommend starting your dinner off by sharing their “Southern Sushi” - Smoked Shrimp & Grits Rolled in Coconut Crusted Nori. For reservations call 912.232.4286
2. A.lure: For a more contemporary approach to Southern style dining this intimate spot is perfect. An upscale feel with comfort food. We suggest trying their "PEAS AND CARROTS" - pan seared sea scallops, sweet pea and baby carrot risotto, shiitake mushrooms, ginger-carrot reduction, sweet pea coulis...WOW! For reservations call 912.233.2111
3. Sapphire Grill: Opened and serving Savannah, GA since 1998...a local's favorite for sure. This sophisticated dining option is known for their wine pairings and fresh market cuisine. Ask what their featured menu item is when you go...it's sure to be amazing! For reservations call 912.443.9962
4. Ele: A short drive out of the downtown historic district and you'll find yourself in Wilmington Island...where this modern fine fusion restaurant is serving beautifully plated dinners. From the creative sushi rolls to the delicious steak and seafood options you'll feel like you've been whisked away to an exotic world. We certainly recommend ending your night with one of their exquisite desserts...try the fresh Key Lime Cake! For reservations call 912.898.2221
5. Circa 1875: For a Persian style bistro dinner...this is the place! France is in the air...which of course means it's certainly romantic! We recommend giving their "Moules Mariniere" - prince edward island mussels steamed with white wine, fennel, shallots, garlic, and parsley butter...a try! Delicious! For reservations call 912.443.1875
For more help with your dinner and your accommodations for Valentines...call Forsyth Park Inn at 912.233.6800...our concierges are happy to be your romance assistant! Plan a secret getaway to the most romantic historic place in the nation - Savannah, GA